If you oversee your brand, you want to ensure that any video production project you undertake, does more than look pretty on your website, it must deliver results.
To achieve this, you need to be armed with the right knowledge to guide the project towards success.
There are three fundamental steps to follow when engaging a video production company to ensure a successful project outcome. By uncovering your challenges, understanding your desired future state, and covering off crucial project details, you can work with any video production company with confidence, knowing that you have a clear direction for your project.
Here are three fundamental steps you need to ensure are covered:
1. Understanding your challenges.
During your initial calls ensure that the video production company is focused on your problems and helping you find solutions.
Here are some questions you can ask to help identify them before hand:
- What are the biggest pain points?
- What obstacles are preventing us from achieving our goals?
- Are there any communication breakdowns within our team or with our customers?
- Are there any industry changes or trends that we need to address?
- Are we struggling to reach our target audience effectively?
- What are our competitors doing that we're not?
- Are we effectively converting leads into sales?
A good video production company will in all likely hood, help you uncover problems you didn't even realise you had!
Asking these questions can help you identify the specific challenges that need to be addressed, this can then be communicated to your video production company to help them develop an effective video production strategy.
2. Where do you want to be?
Then you should be talking about where you want to be in the future.
If the project achieved everything you dreamed about, what would that look like? From a company perspective however also for yourself. Both are equally as important.
3. The detail.
Ensure that the below points are all thought through, these are critical to ensuring you have a successful outcome.
- Who your ideal customer/audience is? (Your target market)
- What are their demographics/interests?
- What do you want customers to:
THINK: What information do you want to relay to your target audience and what do you want them to be thinking about after watching your video?
FEEL: What emotions do you want to evoke? This is the tone of the video and dictates how your audience are left feeling afterwards.
DO: This is your call to action. It is what you want your audience to do after watching your video, be it visiting your webpage, booking a call, or purchasing a product.
- Where would you like the film displayed?
- Budget - Ensure your desired outcomes match your budget.
- What you like - Discuss what from other companies you like in terms of marketing, any videos already out there you like? Try and paint a vivid picture in your video agencies head. It’s also a good idea to cover what you don’t like, particularly if you have strong feelings about this.
- Do you expect animation? Text? Motion Graphics?
- Deadlines - Be clear.
- Call to action - Back to what you want your audience to DO!
Knowing these details will get you going no matter who you work with. If you don’t know the answers to the questions above, that’s ok, a good video production company will be able to help you strategise and work out the details before ever picking up a camera.
At The Ground We Walk On, we don't just create videos - we find and solve problems.
If you would like to have a chat about some of the challenges you face, please feel free to reach out.